Warren Village has an immediate opening for a full-time Maintenance Technician.
Warren Village is a private nonprofit that serves very low income single parent families through HUD subsidized housing, a self-sufficiency program and an early childhood education program.
This is a full-time position with great benefits including 9 paid holidays, a generous sick and PTO package with health, dental and vision coverage. The salary for this position is $16.00/hr.
The Maintenance Tech is responsible for:
- Accomplishing the timely completion of all duties necessary to maintain, repair and upgrade the grounds, buildings, apartments and equipment of the property.
- Ensuring the apartment building and grounds meet or exceed all HUD regulatory expectations, that the Learning Center facility meets or exceeds all licensing and accreditation expectations and that the property maintains a proper appearance.
- Performing tasks to make-ready vacant apartments (including: hauling trash, drywall repair, replacing doors, plumbing repairs, appliance repair/replacement, painting, etc.)
- Responds to work-orders for repairs daily
- Provides daily maintenance and preventative maintenance of apartments, common areas, Learning Center, offices and grounds.
- Snow removal is an essential function of this position.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in maintenance or related fields.
- Must be skilled in; electrical (replacing outlets, switches, ballasts, light fixtures, ceiling fans, breakers, etc.), plumbing (toilet unclogging, faucet replacement, drain repair, finding leak sources, soldering copper pipe, replacement of cast pipe, etc.) and have common handyperson skills such as patching, painting, hanging doors, appliance moving, trash removal, lawn care and snow removal.
- Must have the ability to lift at least 90 pounds and to perform all physical functions necessary to the maintenance of the buildings.
- Must have excellent organizational, communication, diagnostic/troubleshooting skills and basic computer skills.
- Must possess an awareness of the security and safety concerns of residents, employees and volunteers
- Skill in maintaining existing heating/air conditioning equipment and ability to monitor and correct issues with the building automated systems a plus
- A valid Colorado Driver License is required.
Warren Village values diversity and inclusiveness, experience with culturally diverse people a plus.
E-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Maintenance in the subject line.
LEARNING CENTER TEACHER AND TEACHER AIDE POSITIONS
The Warren Village Learning Center serves children ages 6 weeks to 10 years old in a comprehensive and high quality early learning environment. The Learning Center is a NAEYC Accredited Center and holds a 4-Diamond Colorado Shines rating. Our teaching teams are dedicated to providing a supportive and nurturing learning environment that helps foster the development of the whole child.
Head Start Teacher: Warren Village Learning Center is looking for a full-time Head Start teacher who has experience working with Preschool children (ages 3-5 year olds). This classroom is looking for an individual who takes a child directed approach and at the same time can work cooperatively in a co-teaching environment. This individual knows how to take initiative when needed but also can follow the lead of a co-teacher.
Full-Time Teacher’s Aide: Warren Village is looking for a full-time Teacher’s Aide who has experience working with 2 year olds. The ideal candidate will be flexible, enthusiastic, and a team player. The hours of this position are 8:30am-5:30pm.
Head Start Teacher: Prospective candidates MUST be Head Start qualified and have experience working in the Early Childhood field. This individual must have one of the following: a.) Associate Degree in Early Childhood b.) Bachelors in Early Childhood or Elementary Education c.).Bachelors in unrelated field with 5 specific Early Childhood classes. The hours for this position are 9:00-6:00.
Full-Time Teacher’s Aide: Must have some experience working with children. The hours of this position are 8:30am-5:30pm.
Salary & Benefits:
These are full-time, year-round positions with attractive benefits packages including medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as flexible spending accounts, company paid Life and LTD insurance, and a matching 403(b) retirement plan. Salary is commensurate with experience and educational credentials. Teacher positions may qualify for a $250 sign on bonus after 90 days.
How to Apply: Potential candidates should email a resume, cover letter and compensation requirements to Maggie Rittenhouse, Learning Center Director, at email@example.com with the subject header for which position you’re applying (Preschool Teacher, Toddler Teacher, Teacher’s Aide).