Kids Club Program Aide
Workforce Partnership Manager
See below for full descriptions!
KIDS’ CLUB PROGRAM AIDE
Part-time, non-exempt position
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: Warren Village offers a two-year transitional housing program for homeless single-parent families. The program is an opportunity for families to become economically and personally self-sufficient before moving to permanent housing. This (up to) 20-hour a week position assists staff in providing enriching activities for children ages 7-15 during out-of-school time and evening program hours.
OVERALL NATURE AND SCOPE OF POSITION: Warren Village is committed to providing support that will greater enhance the developmental and social/emotional progress of low-income, homeless children to help better ensure they receive the necessary skills and preparation needed to enter school ready to learn or experience greater success in current academic environments.
Kids’ Club programming is an opportunity for Warren Village children to feel safe, have fun, and engage in enriching activities in a structured, supportive and positive environment. Helping children to reach their full potential, Kids’ Club includes an after school program as well as activities during evening class hours. Children engage in hands-on learning and enrichment experiences under the guidance of the program staff and community volunteers. This position will help with supervision of children and assist with implementing activities. The Kids’ Club Program Aide position is part of the Family Services department and works closely with staff, volunteers, parents and children to fulfill the mission of Warren Village.
- Supervise and interact with a large group of children in a safe and caring environment.
- Assist with implementing appropriate afternoon/evening enrichment activities for youth participants ages 7-15.
- Establish supportive, trusting and positive relationships with children.
- Maintain a structured, clean and organized environment for children.
- Other program related duties may include assisting with record keeping, creating and distributing flyers, outreaching children and parents, and organizing supplies.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Employee must be 18 years of age or older
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Experience working with children and basic understanding of child development preferred
- Experience working with low-income, diverse populations is a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to receive constructive feedback, communicate directly, have a sense of humor, positive outlook, and enjoy working as a part of a team.
- Ability to listen, respect and incorporate new learning into job
- Must be committed to Warren Village’s mission and culture
SUPERVISION AND WORK RELATIONSHIPS: Direct supervision is provided by the Family Advocate, Youth Program Specialist and coordinates and cooperates with Warren Village staff, residents, community partners, and volunteers. Work environment encourages individual creativity, teamwork and professional accountability.
SALARY Pay based on experience starting at $12.00 an hour, not to exceed 20 hours a week.
Available work hours are Monday through Thursday, 4:00-8:30 pm. Schedule is flexible.
TO APPLY: Please send electronic letter of interest and resume to: email@example.com. Subject line: Kids’ Club. Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
WORKFORCE PARTNERSHIP MANAGER
Warren Village is actively seeking an energetic, passionate and skilled Workforce Partnership Manager.
Please see the job description below for full details!
SALARY/BENEFITS: This is a full-time non-exempt position with an attractive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as sick time, PTO, flexible spending accounts, company paid Life and LTD insurance, and a matching 403(b) retirement plan. Salary range starts at $42,000 and is commensurate with experience and credentials. We are an organization that values diversity and strives to reflect the community we serve.
How to Apply: Position Interested candidates should submit the following items (as separate pdf attachments) to firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject line: Workforce Partnership Manager.
- Three professional references (to be contacted only if candidate progresses to the final round).
- Cover letter addressing the following items (responses not to exceed 300 words each):
- Describe your most important professional accomplishment.
- How would you approach your first month in this position?
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
Workforce Partnership Manager
Full-time, non-exempt, grant funded position
This position fulfills essential services in three areas: Career Discovery program development, direct client support and engaging business partners with Warren Village. This shared position is based in Family Services, with 20% of work schedule assigned to Development. Position reports directly to the Director of Family Services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work directly and collaboratively with residents and alumni seeking internship or employment opportunities. (Resume writing and review, cover letters, introductions to area businesses as appropriate.)
- Outreach and recruit residents and alumni in need of career service supports.
- Coach individuals to set goals, develop plans and accomplish desired outcomes related to career development.
- Provide and track referrals to agency partners for external job search assistance.
- Establish and maintain business and corporate relationships to increase opportunities for resident job shadowing, internships, on the job training or employment.
- Attend meetings and develop connections within regional workforce groups to leverage resources and align programming without duplicating efforts.
- Conduct research regarding needs, trends and challenges of workforce development and self-sufficiency standards for Colorado.
- Assist to further develop, plan and implement Warren Village College-to-Career Initiative and career development services in industry-specific areas.
- Build collateral contacts to increase number and quality of community and organizational resources.
- Work collaboratively with Program and Evaluation Specialist to provide input on life-skills courses and curricula for program participants. Curricula should reflect strategic alignment with Warren Village goals for Family Services and soft-skills development.
- Assist with College-to-Career program supports including student data collection, recruitment, enrollment and monitoring attendance and success of on-site CCD students.
- Conduct bi-annual survey of Warren Village residents to assess career
- Work collaboratively with Family Advocate, Career Development Specialist to promote and educate clientele on Middle Skills jobs and career pathways.
- Plan and implement employer panels in various industry areas.
- Develop and produce program marketing and communications materials including brochures, flyers, posters, lobby displays and other promotional materials.
- Promote the goals of the organization through tours, presentations and written articles, as needed.
- Participate in local and state career pathway partnerships and initiatives to help expand Warren Village opportunity and program services related to healthcare, legal and technology professions.
- Plan and organize quarterly meetings of the Warren Village Workforce Partnership Advisory Group to advise on workforce programming and build broader employer relationships to expand resident opportunities for job shadowing, internships, on the job training, and/or future employment.
- Work with Development Department to recruit and engage members of business in volunteer projects at Warren Village.
- In conjunction with Development, develop and manage strategic community relationships with business and government offices as they specifically relate to workforce development and job placement.
- Develop and manage one committee in collaboration with the Development Department to further cultivate corporate partner relationships.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Applicant must have a Bachelor’s degree, preferred education in social work, human services or education; Master in Social Work strongly preferred. Candidate must be able to demonstrate responsible professional behavior with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team that is comprised of volunteers, professional staff, and residents. Position requires strong communication skills with an ability to write clearly and concisely. Must be able to simplify and summarize complex information. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and demonstrated comfort with using web-based applications is a required skill. Applicant must pass a CBI and Central Registry Check. Experience with culturally diverse people a plus. ADA requirements include the ability to lift 40 pounds, and the ability to communicate effectively with residents, staff and volunteers.
Warren Village has an immediate opening for a full-time Maintenance Technician.
Warren Village is a private nonprofit that serves very low income single parent families through HUD subsidized housing, a self-sufficiency program and an early childhood education program.
This is a full-time (Monday through Friday) position with great benefits including 10 paid holidays, a generous sick and PTO package with health, dental and vision coverage. The salary for this position is $16.00/hr.
The Maintenance Tech duties include:
- Accomplishing the timely completion of all duties necessary to maintain, repair and upgrade the grounds, buildings, apartments and equipment of the property.
- Ensuring the apartment building and grounds meet or exceed all HUD regulatory expectations, that the Learning Center facility meets or exceeds all licensing and accreditation expectations and that the property maintains a proper appearance.
- Performing tasks to make-ready vacant apartments (including: hauling trash, drywall repair, replacing doors, plumbing repairs, appliance repair/replacement, painting, etc.)
- Responds to work-orders for repairs daily
- Provides daily maintenance and preventative maintenance of apartments, common areas, Learning Center, offices and grounds.
- Snow removal is an essential function of this position.
- A minimum of one (1) year recent experience in apartment maintenance.
- Must be skilled in; electrical (replacing outlets, switches, ballasts, light fixtures, ceiling fans, breakers, etc.), plumbing (toilet unclogging, faucet replacement, drain repair, finding leak sources, soldering copper pipe, replacement of cast pipe, etc.) and have common handyperson skills such as patching, painting, hanging doors, appliance moving, trash removal, lawn care and snow removal.
- Must have the ability to lift at least 90 pounds and to perform all physical functions necessary to the maintenance of the buildings.
- Must have excellent organizational, communication, diagnostic/troubleshooting skills and basic computer skills.
- Must possess an awareness of the security and safety concerns of residents, employees and volunteers
- A valid Colorado Driver License is required.
- Skill in maintaining existing heating/air conditioning equipment and ability to monitor and correct issues with the building automated systems a plus
Warren Village values diversity and inclusiveness; experience with culturally diverse people a plus.
To Apply: E-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Maintenance in the subject line.
TEACHER AIDE POSITION
The Warren Village Learning Center serves children ages 6 weeks to 10 years old in a comprehensive and high quality early learning environment. The Learning Center is a NAEYC Accredited Center and holds a 4-Diamond Colorado Shines rating. Our teaching teams are dedicated to providing a supportive and nurturing learning environment that helps foster the development of the whole child.
Full-Time Teacher’s Aide: Warren Village is looking for a full-time Teacher’s Aide who has experience working with 2 year olds. The ideal candidate will be flexible, enthusiastic, and a team player. The hours of this position are 8:30am-5:30pm.
Full-Time Teacher’s Aide: Must have some experience working with children. The hours of this position are 8:30am-5:30pm.
Salary & Benefits:
These are full-time, year-round positions with attractive benefits packages including medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as flexible spending accounts, company paid Life and LTD insurance, and a matching 403(b) retirement plan. Salary is commensurate with experience and educational credentials. Teacher positions may qualify for a $250 sign on bonus after 90 days.
How to Apply: Potential candidates should email a resume, cover letter and compensation requirements to Maggie Rittenhouse, Learning Center Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header for which position you’re applying (Preschool Teacher, Toddler Teacher, Teacher’s Aide).