Warren Village is a mission driven “learning organization” that is founded on six core values (collaboration, integrity, inclusion, accountability, empowerment, excellence) that drive our culture and our work. We believe in empowerment and believe that any person, given the right opportunities, can achieve true self-sufficiency.
Warren Village is a unique and well-respected family community in Denver helping motivated low-income, previously homeless single parent families move from public assistance to personal and economic self-sufficiency through subsidized housing, on-site nationally accredited childcare, intensive case management, education guidance and career development.
We want to attract candidates for jobs who believe in the transformative power of individual agency coupled with collective supports. We are looking for people who believe that we can learn from failure and that we can improve our outcomes through reflection. We want creative, critical thinkers who are not restricted by convention. We want candidates who bring ideas to the table, energy to the team and a sense of humor. We want employees who want to change the world, starting at Warren Village.
If you are up for the challenge and the reward, we encourage you to apply!
Manager of Special Events (part-time/20 hours per week)
Manager, Foundation and Corporate Relations
See below for full descriptions!
Warren Village has an immediate opening for a full-time Maintenance Technician.
Warren Village is a private nonprofit that serves very low income single parent families through HUD subsidized housing, a self-sufficiency program and an early childhood education program.
This is a full-time (Monday through Friday) position with great benefits including 10 paid holidays, a generous sick and PTO package with health, dental and vision coverage. The salary for this position is $16.00/hr.
The Maintenance Tech duties include:
- Accomplishing the timely completion of all duties necessary to maintain, repair and upgrade the grounds, buildings, apartments and equipment of the property.
- Ensuring the apartment building and grounds meet or exceed all HUD regulatory expectations, that the Learning Center facility meets or exceeds all licensing and accreditation expectations and that the property maintains a proper appearance.
- Performing tasks to make-ready vacant apartments (including: hauling trash, drywall repair, replacing doors, plumbing repairs, appliance repair/replacement, painting, etc.)
- Responds to work-orders for repairs daily
- Provides daily maintenance and preventative maintenance of apartments, common areas, Learning Center, offices and grounds.
- Snow removal and lawn care is an essential function of this position.
- A minimum of one (1) year of relevant experience in a hands-on field.
- Skill in electrical (replacing outlets, switches, ballasts, light fixtures, ceiling fans, breakers, etc.), plumbing (toilet unclogging, faucet replacement, drain repair, finding leak sources, soldering copper pipe, replacement of cast pipe, etc.) or having common handyperson skills such as patching, painting, hanging doors, appliance moving, trash removal, lawn care and snow removal would be a plus.
- Must have the ability to lift at least 90 pounds and to perform all physical functions necessary to the maintenance of the buildings.
- Must have excellent organizational, communication skills and basic computer skills.
- Must possess an awareness of the security and safety concerns of residents, employees and volunteers
- A valid Colorado Driver License is required.
Warren Village values diversity and inclusiveness; experience with culturally diverse people a plus.
E-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Maintenance in the subject line.
Manager of Special Events (part-time/20 hours per week)
The Manager of Special Events plays a key role in planning and implementing revenue-generating and stewardship events to advance Warren Village’s fundraising goals. The Manager of Special Events develops and implements timelines and work plans with an eye toward increasing the fundraising and visibility aspects of each event.
- Successfully implement the Fall Gala and other smaller fundraising events
- Serve as the liaison for several privately hosted cultivation/fundraising and third party events
- Cultivate and maintain successful relationships with volunteers, individual supporters, corporate sponsors and members of the Board.
- Assist in developing the Board and committee participation with events.
- Effectively leverage and support volunteers to help execute many aspects of events (in-kind support, invitation mailing, décor, setup, viral marketing, social media promotion, etc.)
- Development sponsorship acquisition strategies and meticulously drive and monitor personal outreach, as well as that of the Director of Development, President & CEO and volunteers.
- With the Creative Manager, ensure an effective outreach strategy for all Warren Village events (print/news media, active social media, as well as internal communications).
- Manage registration lists for events and ensure proper tracking in the database
- Identify and coordinate with appropriate event vendors
- In coordination with the Manager of Administration, ensure timely gift entry and pledge follow-up on all event-related gifts.
- Draft timely and tailored acknowledgement language, and work with the Manager of Administration to ensure that all donors receive prompt, thoughtful and appropriate appreciation for their contributions and pledges.
- With the Director of Development, develop and manage program budgets for all special events
Professional and Personal Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required, as well as 2+ years of professional event planning/related experience
- Incorporate a spirit of independence, creativity and entrepreneurialism in all work
- Highly efficient and effective, with a strong desire for excellence
- Capable of taking initiative and successfully managing several projects at one time
- Ability to work under pressure and to strategically set and meet deadlines
- Ability to manage time and maintain continuity in workflow with a part-time schedule
- Incredibly attentive to details, planning and organization (always proofreading everything)
- Warm, gracious and thoughtful written and verbal communication skills
- Professional, diplomatic and courteous representative both internally and externally
- Always coming up with new ideas and approaches
- Social media savvy and technologically proficient
- Willingness to work outside traditional work hours, including occasional evenings/weekends
- Passion for advancing the mission and vision of Warren Village
Compensation commensurate with experience (half-time position). To Apply: Potential candidates should email a resume, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header Manager of Special Events. Warren Village values diversity and inclusiveness.
Manager, Foundation and Corporate Relations
Warren Village has an immediate opening for a Manager, Foundation and Corporate Relations who will serve as a key member of the Development team overseeing research, engagement, and solicitation of institutions (foundations and trusts, corporations, religious organizations and some government agencies) through grant proposal writing, budgeting, and reporting to advance the fundraising goals of Warren Village. The position reports to the Director of Development.
- Research, cultivate, and solicit institutional funders to advance the revenue goals of Warren Village.
- Identify and assess all potential grant funding opportunities from private and corporate foundations, civic groups, religious organizations, government entities and others as appropriate.
- Manage a portfolio of existing corporate and other foundation funders—both public and private.
- Synthesize information into clear and concise proposals, reports, and letters of inquiry, along with budget projections and accountability/evaluation requirements.
- Communicate clearly and work well with program staff to ensure accurate and thorough data collection and work with Director of Finance to ensure quality financial reporting.
- Ensure meticulous care for the content and aesthetic of all proposals, reports, and acknowledgements.
- Conduct stewardship efforts for institutional donors to ensure a high degree of accuracy and personalization, including managing relationships between Warren Village leadership and foundation staff/trustees.
- Maintain the organization’s institutional giving fundraising calendar and gift records.
- Track all solicitations, reporting and other communications with institutional donors and prospects.
- Participate in donor meetings and tours and conduct follow-up on all efforts as needed.
- Serve as a professional representative of Warren Village.
- Bachelor’s degree and three to five years relevant experience required.
- Fundraising background in foundation cultivation, solicitation, grant writing, budget creating, and report and donor research required. Familiarity with Denver philanthropic community strongly preferred.
- Track record in grant writing required.
- Skilled in developing strong and compelling written communications for fundraising. Ability to convey complex ideas through concise materials. Active and open-minded listener.
- Experience in planning and managing development projects, including coordinating with colleagues, and tracking and reporting on progress to senior managers/Board of Trustees.
- Capable of establishing and cultivating strong relationships with peers across different levels of the organization and externally.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement strategies, set realistic goals, monitor and evaluate progress to goals, and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Strong computer skills required, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Fundraising software proficiency necessary.
- Commitment to Warren Village’s mission and culture required.
Salary & Benefits: This is a full-time position with an attractive benefit package and salary commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Potential candidates should email a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject header Manager, Foundation and Corporate Relations. Submissions that do not include salary requirements will not be considered. Warren Village values diversity and inclusiveness.