COVID-19 Information and Resources
The COVID-19 pandemic is evolving each day, please check back for updates!
Collaboration and resiliency are hallmarks of the Warren Village community, including our many supporters.
As you know, the COVID-19 pandemic evolves each day. We want our community to know that we are actively monitoring state and local guidance and acting to ensure continued support to our families. We cannot control this rapidly changing environment, but we maintain a laser-like focus on our families and ensure frequent and clear communication with them, and with you—our amazing supporters. We do not know what lies ahead, but we do know that the strength of our community and our core values will guide us in these uncertain times.
Over the past year, we have continued to evaluate all government guidance, monitor our residents’ health and safety, and work hard to deliver our program in a remote environment. I have been incredibly impressed by the tenacity and creativity of our teams. They have been diligent in their efforts and tireless in their concern for our families. I am also tremendously affected by the outpouring of support from our donors, our corporate partners, and our foundation funders. Your generosity has allowed us to focus on meeting the most urgent and immediate needs of our families and our operations. Because of your kindness and caring, we are weathering the storm and continuing our mission.
Learning along the way
Along this journey, I can’t help but reflect on the good that we often find in such trying times. Much of our energy has been consumed with serious challenges, fears and obstacles to service continuity. I personally find it helpful to focus on lessons learned along the way:
- Relationship. The power of in-person, face-to-face time cannot be overestimated. While we have been maintaining with this new operating environment, we realize it is no substitute for being with those we serve and with you, our partners in this work.
- Trust. Without the in-person connections, we appreciate just how important trust is in the workplace. This remote work environment has solidified the bonds of trust that empower us to collaborate and co-create together.
- Results. As a nearly entirely-remote organization for the last two months, we have increased our focus on results, at all levels, with less dictation of process. Autonomy is a powerful lens that encourages us to focus on the end result—an enduring lesson for the future.
- Efficiency. Productivity can actually increase with more digital and automated processes. We have been forced to abandon paper and in-person procedures—decisions that will likely continue even after this is all over.
- Team. We sometimes spend more time with our coworkers than our own families, and we probably took that time for granted. Now, more than a year later, we realize just how much we care about our colleagues, miss our time with them, and appreciate their dedication to our shared work.
As we focus on the immediate future of our community and of our organization, we are closely following state budget discussions and developing contingencies for supporting our resident families and alumni. The need for support services will only increase. Statewide funding cuts and program reductions are nearly certain. Your partnership with Warren Village is as important as ever.
With hope and gratitude,
President & CEO